Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sharing my love for clay and painting....

As I closed my eyes for the last time before I went to sleep the darkness of the inside of my eyelids softly began to brighten as the light of the images in my mind began to wonder exploring the events of  my journey in clay.... it's like a love story. You know that feeling of falling in love and wanting to spend every waking moment with that special someone. Well it's the same for me with my clay and the decorating of each piece. My mind does not stop conjuring up ideas, designs, colour combinations even when I send my self off to sleep... Is it just me or do you feel the same way about your work with clay or any craft for that matter?

My husband works long hours and I have a lot of on-line friends but not a great deal of friends that live close by that I can visit or that they can visit me. Sooo you can imagine my excitement when a friend moved to South Australia with her family and we decided to catch up.... Yippeeee! So anyway I had the chance to share my love of clay and painting with my friend and her children yesterday and we had a lovely time... Below are a couple of photos of what they painted.... 
    This is the set up....
These to gorgeous Gal's... 
Charlotte and her Mummy Amanda...
                                Little Flynn also had a go...
 Oh and Ms Charlotte certainly knows how to multi task with a Tim Tam (Chocolate biscuit) in one hand and a paint brush in the other! LOL... 
              Pendants and tea cup and saucer and a little bowl...
                                      

It was so much fun and I can not wait to glaze and fire their stash of pretties.... :)

I have been working on a few things this week, not particularly with clay itself but with the business side of it. I have finally taken some photos to a printer and I am organising business cards. I'm a wee bit excited to see the result. So fingers crossed for a great outcome! I will post a photo of it when they arrive... :)

Oh I did work on this set, and guess what? They are for me :) .. They are carved beakers and I have graded the under glaze. They will be clear glazed and I can't wait to see them finished... 
                                      
One other thing is in the works but until it is confirmed I will hold that under my hat so as not to Jinx myself ! LOL.... But stay tuned I will fill you in later as soon as I can....

So with my eyes open now and the day in full swing, off I will go to visit my other Mud friends over at Mud Colony.... Come and join us and say hi... Have a great week everyone! :)

Face Book Link : https://www.facebook.com/anniejeanspottery
                               







5 comments:

  1. oooh, sounds like a wonderful time! Please make sure you post a photo of those carved beakers after the glaze firing :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many times I am lying in bed and think of an idea and say I should get up and draw it but then I may become too awake, many times I remember in the morning though. What a fun time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like that isn't it Linda... The joys of being creative , the mind never stops! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun time to spend with friends.
    I find the half awake time between sleep and waking to be amazingly creative.....sometimes I even manage to get something on paper.

    ReplyDelete