Friday 2 November 2012

All systems go...

The excitement of opening the kiln after working on new ideas and pieces will always keep me wanting to create more...  Even before knowing whether on opening it will be a success or a failure, my mind is forever thinking "what next?"...

So my interstate move has come and gone and I am finally set up with my work area organised and my little kiln plugged in and in working order! (Enter big sigh of relief here!)... It has been wonderful being able to sit at my wheel again and get my hands dirty.

In my last post I talked about our road trip interstate to our new home and along the way I designed pendants that were inspired by the gorgeous landscape along the way. I was able to bisque fire and glaze these pieces this week, the first firings in our new surrounds. And my little kiln did me proud...  And along with the fact that it was all experimental for me with the glazing process of the pendant as it was a first ever time I had worked with Nichrome wire for the purpose of suspending the pendants for an all over glaze finish. The thoughts of whether the wire rods would slump and the pendants would all slide together and end up as one large joined mass was a major concern. But to my delight they stayed in place and the glazing was a success!! I was so excited!


Set up of the pendants on the nichrome rods before
loading into the kiln...

Loaded and ready...

 Underglazed handpainted butterfly...
 
 
 
Transfer butterflies...
 
 Underglazed outback pendants...
 
Handpainted Pendants...
 
And here are a few Bud Vases...
 
Hand painted dragonfly Bud vase underglaze...
 I'm thinking some gold lustre will be nice on this one...

 Hand painted butterfly underglaze... Gold lustre on this one too...


Hand painted Cherry blossom...

 
Fish bowl, cesco deep blue with sgraffito....
 
It's so nice to be back at it again!!
 Thanks for stopping by, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
 
Mudcolony is a blog where other Potters share what they have been up to in there studios come and visit and see what everyone has been up to.... http://mudcolony.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
Face Book Link -  http://www.facebook.com/anniejeanspottery
 

2 comments:

  1. It must feel great to be back in your very own studio.....in another state.

    That's a terrific firing. Good omen for a new space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it sure does Smartcat! I hadn't thought of it like that, but I think you are right ! :) Thank you ...

      Delete